Thursday, July 28, 2011

Family Heirlooms

I have been on a blogging hiatus the month, due to the fact that a youth pastor's family's life is extremely busy during the summer. One, or all of us, have been busy doing mission trips, retreats, VBS, or fun activities with the youth. It is times like these where your church family really does become an extension of your real family.

This past week we finally got some free time.... so what did we do, we busy ourselves with home improvements, of course.

These two items both belonged to late grandmothers: the mirror to Ryan's and the table to mine. They were both nice pieces, they just did not fit our personality.

It is amazing what a little spay paint and glaze can do.

Before:


After


Before:


After:


We have also painted two rooms, painted all the trim in the downstairs portion of our house, and are putting in wood laminate flooring. We will have those before and after pictures coming soon.

If you want more amazing before and after pics, go check out this blog. I give it credit for finally giving me the courage to tackle these projects. I am addicted to it!!

And a special thanks to all the youth that came over and helped with our various projects and childcare needs.... like I said earlier, we see you as family and I don't know where we would be without you!

2 comments:

Emily said...

They look awesome!! I somehow knew you'd paint the mirror a reddish color. I love that table.
I'm definitely gonna check out that blog. We are about to lay laminate in Annabel's room. (we've saved up enough for hers, and she needs it the most due to her allergies...the rest of the house will come as saved) I love before and afters - looking forward to seeing yours!

Mimi said...

Both projects look great. I can't wait to see the rest!!