Sunday, May 17, 2009

Habitat for Humanity

This Saturday, Ryan and I participated in our first, of hopefully many, Habitat for Humanity builds. It was awesome!! It is something I have always wanted to do, but seeing as I have no idea how to build anything... never really had the courage to go and try. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. They wasted no time teaching me how to use a nail gun and a circular saw. I helped close in the side of the house, while Ryan worked on the roof. Our church, along with a few other Methodist churches in the area are sponsoring the house. The house next door was being built entirely by women, and the house next to that was being built by youth. How amazing is that!! This is a great organization and if you have ever considered going out and volunteering for them... I suggest you just go for it, I hate that we waited so long to get involved. Now I just have to talk my mom in watching the kids for a few more Saturdays....

No comments: