Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tuesday's Gone

Wow.
Time seriously gets away from you sometimes. I feel like I just started teaching yesterday and 8 weeks have already gone by. I really do love it. Some days I'm completely spent and others I'm not. I really do enjoy the majority of my kids. They make me laugh all the time, however sometimes I don't laugh out loud because cracking a smile with an 8th grader is like blood in the water in a shark tank. I give them "dabs" or a high 5 when they leave the classroom and they think it is soooo lame, but everyone slaps 5 (it is human nature). I even taught a couple of guys in my last period the Fresh Prince slap and now they try to find me when I'm walking through the halls to do it outside of class. Teaching is great if you never had to deal with adults, but I've got a few teachers in my department that have really helped me out.... I just hope they come back next year.
On the home front. ... Kai is as silly as he can be. (tear drop)That's my boy. We are talking about genetics in class and I believe goofy is a chromosome.
Lindsay has been disciplined with her diet just like with Kai. I think chocolate is the key. This time around, however, she was taking prenatal vitamins before she got pregnant because she is going to donate 8 or 10 inches to "Locs(sp?) of Love" this summer. Maybe dad should take more folic acid too.??? I don't know if it works that way.

I also volunteered last weekend down at the Houston Children's Festival with Kiwanis and this weekend I'm helping with the UM Men to deliver groceries to those who are shut in and can't get to the store.
R

No comments: