Wednesday, November 5, 2014

October Fun


October is one of my favorite months.  It is when we are finally adjusted to going back to school.  The weather is wonderful and the holiday season is still fresh and exciting.


This year one of my friends wanted to carve pumpkins with me and the kids.  I invited a few more people over and we had a really fun carving party.


 I could not get a good shot of all of them, but Kai made a Minecraft Pumpkin, Andrew's was a classic scary face, and Malia and I made a bat.

The next day was Halloween.  

Malia went as Elsa (of course)



Kai was The Scream Ghost.


And Andrew was Rocket Raccoon (look at his sweet little tail)


We walked around our neighborhood and then went over to one of Kai's classmates house, who was having a haunted house.  The kids got to help scare while the parents hung out in the cup-de-sac catching up.

It was a really fun evening.

The next day the kids went though their pounds of candy and filled a sandwich bag with all their favorites.  Then Kai and I went out with 45 and Hope to feed the homeless and gave the rest of their candy away to the people we met.  It was a great way to have fun and give back.

No comments: