Saturday, July 12, 2008

Monster Mash

Monsters have officially invaded Kai's closet.  He came out of his room tonight after I put him to bed and told me that he was scared.... he had monsters in his closet.  I told him to tell me about the monsters, so he said there is a red one, a blue one, a green one and a yellow one.  

He told me the red one was really really tall, with long arms and long legs, and long fingernails, and a long neck.  He blue one is really small, with a small face and small knees, and small feet and small arms.  The green one is big, just like the red one, and the yellow one is a tiny tiny baby monster.  

I told Kai these monsters sound a lot like our family, the red and green ones are the mommy and daddy, the blue one is a little boy monster just like you, and the yellow one is a baby, just like the baby in mommy's tummy.  I told him that I bet they were not  trying to be scary at all, they  probably just wanted to be friends.  

So, he sat there for a minute and thought about it and then he said.... But mommy, I forgot to tell you about the gorillas.

It was such a cute story... I just had to share.  

1 comment:

Emily said...

haha How cute is that?? He sounds like he has quite the imagination.